Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Death becomes me

Harsh title I know, but there is a reason. I seem to have an ability that attracts death and near death experiences. To say I have nine lives would be very much an understatement.
I was out at a restaurant in Sweden, way back in 1995, I had finished work and was having a nice pizza and a refreshing cold beer. I chatted away, and listened intently with my companion, we ate our pizzas, drank our beer and I went to collect my jacket from the Wardrobe. The guy in the wardrobe department, was a bit of a friend of mine, he was a foreigner from Gibraltar. I chatted for a moment with him whilst he took my ticket and went to find my jacket. I remember falling backwards, then....boom.

I awoke in the hospital some time later. Completely disorientated , not really knowing anything. I later found out that I had fallen over backwards and whacked the back of my head on the hard wooden floor.
 I had stopped breathing............. Dead.... Gone....... Finito.......kicked the bucket....
All of the above!


Luckily for me, there were a table of guests who were students of medicine at the local university. They came over promptly and checked for a pulse... none.
I then had someone giving me "the kiss of life ", which at first never worked. Then heart massage was used. One of those students there, must have really been having the time of their life. Totally in their element.
"Whay hey woo... a dead guy on the floor, in our restaurant, on our night out"  "Cooool"
They were a group, a finely tuned machine, each helping and encouraging, talking through, confirming and re-confirming. I got the kiss again, the kiss of life. This time it worked and I coughed and spluttered and found once again my breath. I don't remember any of this at all. All this I found out later from my friends at the restaurant.

 I had a flash of craziness after that. I started to do lots of things, I wanted to learn all sorts of things, I hardly slept, I was a sponge for information and for getting things done. No time like the present, no time like the present.. I was going mad. I think my subconscious mind had said to me.... you never know when your time is up boy. I really was up and at it all the time. It made me think, live for now, tomorrow never comes, which in itself is so very true. tomorrow never comes, its always just ahead of us, but never here.

Live your life to the fullest, appreciate every single day and remember to say thank you for it.
I do.

more tomorrow...........if it finally comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment